A Few Things:
1. 2017-18 Excellence Fund- We are hoping that our class will have 100% family participation in order to earn a FUN Friday! Closing date is Sept. 22.
CLICK HERE to go online to indicate their level of support for the Excellence Fund and make donations online.
2. 2017-18 Student Pick-up Authorization Form - Please Complete for All Students at LME
It is time to to collect pick-up authorization information for our students via an online form to ensure we have this information readily available, particularly if/when we need to implement our parent/student reunification plan due to an emergency. Anyone who you might possibly ask to pick-up your child for any reason (siblings, neighbors, relatives, co-workers. etc.) should be listed on this form. Anyone not listed on the online form or student registration form will not be permitted to pick up your child for any reason. We ask that one parent from each household complete this form as soon as possible.
This information will be kept confidential in the office. If you have any questions regarding this form, please contact the office at 512-464-4300. Thank you for your help with this matter.
A Note from LME:
The LME Excellence Fund Campaign, which funds SEM at Laurel Mountain, is off to a great start with over 160 families participating so far! Our goal is 100% participation so we encourage any family that has not yet participated to CLICK HERE and complete our online support form. Even if you cannot make a donation at this time, we still need each family to complete the online support form in order for classes to be eligible for the participation awards. Classes with at least 80% participation will have their class name featured on the “Wall of Fame”. Class will 100% participation will also receive a FUN ! The campaign will run through .
Your support of the Excellence Fund confirms that our parents, teachers and community strongly believe in the vision and mission of Laurel Mountain. We encourage you to read more about Enrichment and the Environment at LME on our webpage and/or attend one of the parent education sessions below.
What are we doing this week:
Reading- The students will express why they choose certain books.... what is it that they like about it?
Writing/Grammar- Students will write, edit and revise our small moment story from our idea book. We will identify that nouns are person, place, thing in sentences.
Spelling- short vowels, -ck and -ea
Spelling- short vowels, -ck and -ea
Math - Students will explain the concept of addition. They will work on turn around facts, counting on from a 2 digit number and find missing addends. We will write problems to show our understanding of addition.
Science- Students will describe how adding and taking away heat changes matter.
Social Studies- Students will discuss our rights as citizens. We will also identify state and nation's symbols.
- : School Holiday
- : PTA General Meeting & Family Clay Night
- : Picture Day
- : Fall Book Fair
- : Fall Carnival
Information for You
1. If you plan to volunteer at LME in any capacity this year, please fill out the Volunteer Application as soon as possible. This will ensure that your application has plenty of time to process prior to the event. This form needs to be renewed every year.
2. If your child will be absent, please fill out the online form. This will notify me and the office of your child's absence.
3. The Aligned Round Rock Curriculum shows the general schedule of what we will be learning this year in second grade.
4. Here are Round Rock ISD's guidelines for second grade: 2nd Grade Report Cards.
Parent Packet 2017-18 and the Parent Night Power Point Please refer to these as needed. These are a bit of a guideline of 2nd grade as we get the year started. Please let me know if you have any questions throughout the year on our curriculum or procedures.